[Image-SIG] PIL for python 2.7

Mitayai mit at mitayai.org
Wed Nov 2 20:12:28 CET 2011

Can you repost to the list with details about your system's operating
system and whatever relevant details you know about your python
installation and, most importantly, how you were trying to install PIL when
it failed (and maybe the error messages)?

If this is a UNIX-type machine (like a mac, linux, freebsd, etc) the
following may help you gather some info:

root at xxx:/var/log/varnish# uname -a
Linux xxx 2.6.35.4-rscloud #8 SMP Mon Sep 20 15:54:33 UTC 2010 x86_64
GNU/Linux
root at cxxx:/var/log/varnish# which python
/usr/local/bin/python
root at xxx:/var/log/varnish# python -V
Python 2.6.5

or, just on the off-chance this works for you... have you tried
"easy_install"?
it worked on my brand-new Mac out-of-the-box...

mitmac:~ mitayai$ sudo easy_install PIL
Password:
Searching for PIL
Best match: PIL 1.1.7
Processing PIL-1.1.7-py2.7-macosx-10.7-intel.egg
[etc]

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Sautter <andrewsautter at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a 64-bit version of python 2.7.2 installed on my computer but it
> does not have a graphics library, when I try to install PIL it says that I
> do not have python 2.7 in the registry, how do it fix this?

Mit Rowe
Stagename, Inc.
http://www.stagename.com
mit at stagename.com
Office: +1-866-326-3098xt102
Mobile: +1-416-219-2512
Fax: +1-416-533-3480
1 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 107 / Toronto, ON M6K 3E7 / Canada