[Image-SIG] Macinthos PIC files

Asbach, Mark mark.asbach at iais.fraunhofer.de
Thu Apr 26 17:24:15 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

Am 11.04.2012 um 12:21 schrieb elmar werling:
> [...]

The PICT format relies on old codecs that are only available in 32bit mode and QuickTime knows how to load these bundles via a 32bit subprocess. If you rename the file to example.pict you will find that Preview tells you that you can open the file if you restart Preview in 32bit mode.

For batch conversion, I use GraphicConverter that is also able to open the file (if renamed to .pict). I would recommend it.

Best,
Mark

Fraunhofer IAIS, Sankt Augustin, Germany
http://mmprec.iais.fraunhofer.de/asbach