[Image-SIG] PIL on windows *.pyd manifest bug report

CBWhiz cbwhiz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:25:15 CEST 2012

I've installed PIL on a Windows 7 machine with Python 2.7.1.

It works completely fine from the command prompt, ie, form within python.exe.

However, I'm using mod_wsgi as my Python interpreter, and _imaging.pyd
fails to load.

I had the same problem with pyodbc.pyd, and their bug tracker is
following the issue at
http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/issues/detail?id=214 .

The suggested solution worked for pyodbc, and I gave it a try on
_imaging.pyd, which also fixed the problem.

To clarify, this solved my problem:

mt.exe -inputresource:c:\windows\syswow64\python27.dll;#2
-outputresource:C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PIL\_imaging.pyd;#2