[Image-SIG] Current libraries for image processing?

Edward Cannon edward at unicornschool.org
Sat Dec 22 01:22:18 CET 2012

It depends what you want to do. PIL works very well for what it does.
If you want to do heavy math, something in scipy or numpy might be
more to your taste. if you need support for basic image formats, and
need to do a few operations with them (crop, rotate, adjust, add
caption etc) PIL works great. It works wonderfully on python2 across
many platforms. there are even python3 ports out there.