[Image-SIG] open, show, png, blank

Nelson Tong tongsnelson.ise at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:31:37 CET 2012

Thanks Randolph.

this solution does indeed work for me.   The mapping function just
manages to manipulate the pixel values enough so that png image can be
opened  and be pasted onto other images without become blank.

lambda i:i * .0039062500 + 0

how important is the use of the generalized mapping function in here?
does the  scale and offset of function definitely needs to be adjusted
if every image I want to process is similar to each other in terms of
min and max values?