[Image-SIG] open, show, png, blank

Matthias Bock matthiasbock at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 29 19:38:02 CET 2012

Am Freitag, den 27.01.2012, 11:11 -0500 schrieb Nelson Tong:

>  outI = Image.open( fileOutPNGFile )
>  outI.show();
>
> The code run without error, but the image return via X-windows  on my
> linux machine is a blank image, without visible graphic on it.

What color is this "blank": Grey? White?
Does the size match the PNG size?

> I am 100% positive that the image of fileOutPNGFile is not corrupted
> because I am able to open it via the web-browser.

Web browsers can open corrupted image files.

> I tried the same code another to open  another png file which I use
> PIL to draw and save as png.   The code above is able to open and show
> this png file properly.

Sounds to me, as if the first PNG was broken.

Try this:

 outI = Image.open( fileOutPNGFile )
 outI.show()
 outI.save('test.png')
 out2 = Image.open('test.png')
 out2.show()

> why might this happen?

If the code doesn't help solving the issue,
could you send the PNG to the list?

Cheers, Matthias