[Image-SIG] open, show, png, blank

Nelson Tong tongsnelson.ise at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:38:25 CET 2012

thanks for reply, Matthias,

when I use "show()", the image appears to have an all-white
background, nothing else is on it.  The size does indeed match the png
size , I used the following to confirm:

    x, y =  outIm.size
    print "size of outImg: " + str(x)+" " + str(y);

I tries to resave the png as a  png image with a different name using
PIL and show() of the 2nd png image still appear to have all-white
background with nothing on it.

but If I open the images (both the 1st and the re-saved image ) with
the command line command of "display", I can see the images via
ImageMagick.

Attached is example image which I am having problem with.  Can you
reproduce the same problem I'm seeing with this image, possibly due to
the png image being broken?

-N.