[Image-SIG] Image.show() --> No such file or directory/nothing happens

Neru Yumekui neruyume at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 15:33:31 CEST 2012

I am trying to get Image.show() to work, but seem to struggle with it. Thus far I have been using PIL on Windows, and it has worked fine and all - But I recently installed it on a Linux-machine, where img.show does not seem to work (All other features apart from screengrab seems to work well).When I run the following as a normal user (id est, not root)Image.new("RGBA", (100, 100), (255, 255, 255, 0)).show()it results in these error messages in popupboxes:Failed to open "/tmp/tmpsVfqf4".Error stating file '/tmp/tmpsVfqf4': No such file or directory.Failed to execute default File Manager.Input/output error.The interpreter has the following printoutThunar: Failed to open "/tmp/tmpFs5EZr": Error stating file '/tmp/tmpFs5EZr': No such file or directoryRunning the same as root, nothing (visible) seems to happen, either via popups or in the interpreter, but no image shows up either.At first I did not have xv installed (it tried to open the image in gimp, but that did not work as it resulted in the errors above when gimp opened) - So I installed xv, and it still tried to open gimp - So I removed gimp, and that is more or less how I ended up where I am now. I guess show() is not that important to me as I could just save the image and open it manually, but it would be helpful to have show() at times.