[Image-SIG] Adding Python 3 support

Brian Crowell brian at fluggo.com
Tue Oct 9 22:26:37 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Mark Sienkiewicz <sienkiew at stsci.edu> wrote:
> From what I read of Pillow, they aren't really interested in maintaining a
> copy of PIL.  Do you mean to fork Pillow, or try to persuade them to let you
> help maintain it?

I want to contribute code that would make Pillow Python 3-capable so
that Debian/Ubuntu might pick it up, and Python 3 developers would
finally have their PIL back. I gathered from the notes that Pillow was
a continuation of PIL as a fork, and since it's active, I expect it
will be more attractive to the distros than a straight port of PIL
1.1.7.

I hoped to hear from Alex Clark. He looks like the main contributor.

--Brian