[Image-SIG] Adding Python 3 support

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Wed Oct 10 22:12:15 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-10 19:31:35 +0000, Mark Sienkiewicz said:

> On 10/10/12 15:07, Alex Clark wrote:
>>
>> - Pillow started as a packaging fork, but I now consider image code
>> fixes if they are tracked upstream (by ticket or commit).
>

> Does that mean you are looking for a ticket filed against the old PIL
> for each of the python 3 modifications?  If not, how does this policy
> interact with the python 3 support?

Not for each of the modifications but maybe an "Add Python 3 support"
ticket to the pil-radcliffe-2009 branch to make sure we fly above the
radar. IIUC some bit of Python 3 support has been added to PIL
somewhere, it's just not released yet. So one scenario is: add that
code to Pillow and release it.

Alex Clark · https://www.gittip.com/aclark4life/