[Image-SIG] PIL crashes windows 7 (blue screen)

Anthony Mouraud anthony.mouraud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 23:16:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

I recently began to use PIL as an image grabber for some python project and
I am facing a critical bug.

The process consists in regularly grabbing some part of the screen and look
for some known pattern.

Grabbing seems to work great for a while, but after some time, the process
comes to a crash. It first indicates "GRAB failed" for something like
1-2seconds in the terminal from which I am launching my python script and
then I have a nice "blue screen" crash of my windows7.

Please, tell me about any bug that could lead to such a problem. The
problem is reproductible. The delay before crashing can range from some
minutes to a couple of hours considering something like one grab / second
in average.

If this appears to be an unsolved problem, I'll be forced to grab with some
other tool.
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards.
Anthony

PS: I am running python 2.7.5 and PIL 1.1.7 on a 64bits windows7 pro.