[Image-SIG] PIL crashes windows 7 (blue screen)

Charles Cazabon charlesc-pyimagesig at pyropus.ca
Mon Sep 16 15:01:47 CEST 2013

Anthony Mouraud <anthony.mouraud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Grabbing seems to work great for a while, but after some time, the process
> comes to a crash. It first indicates "GRAB failed" for something like
> 1-2seconds in the terminal from which I am launching my python script and
> then I have a nice "blue screen" crash of my windows7.

Nothing a user-space program does should be able to crash the OS kernel.  The
behaviour you're describing sounds like a resource leak of some type, probably
in kernel-space.  The most likely culprit, I think, is the driver for your
graphics hardware.

Try upgrading your graphics drivers to the most recent WHQL-certified version
for your hardware.

Charles