[Import-sig] deprecate ihooks?

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 01:27:51 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.  I think ihooks actually has a
> better base architecture than your imputil (except it's missing the
> import manager, which is a separate thing anyway).

Ah! Now we get to it :-)

I'd love to hear any feedback that you have on imputil. I've received some
from a few others that is awaiting incorporation.

How would you like to do this to minimize your review time? Should I fold
in the other feedback first (to eliminate duplicate feedback)? Do you want
to do a quick, high-level feedback? Or go for broke with a fully detailed
review? :-)

It may also be constructive to compare it against the requirements for a
new import mechanism that you set up in:

Initial requirements list:
  http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/1999-November/002867.html

My response, with imputil in mind:
  http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/1999-November/002899.html

Your response and modified requirements:
  http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/1999-December/002973.html

I'll get my Python page updated in a moment with a pointer to the CVS
version of imputil. For reference: http://www.lyra.org/greg/python/

Cheers,
-g

--