[Import-sig] Re: Proposal for a modified import mechanism.

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:05:50 +0100

[Please leave this on the import-sig; severe cross-posting won't get
 you many friends...]

eric wrote:

> I have to agree with Prabhu on this one.  The current behavior of import,
> while fine for standard modules and even simple packages with a single
> level, is sub-optimal for packages that contain sub-packages.  The proposed
> behavior solves the problem.

I have been doing business in the package and subpackage area
for years now and can't really say that I have serious problems
with the current situation.

If all you need is relative imports, then writing a small
helper for this should do the trick. The needed information
is readily available now.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH