[Import-SIG] So... should we do this thing?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 04:03:48 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> What do y'all think?  Should we submit the PEP, and run it by Python-Dev?
>  Anybody have any changes, questions, etc.?

I think it's ready for wider distribution. I want to see how many
brains we can melt as people come to grips with the long term
implications :)

Some day virtual packages may even become the norm, with
self-contained package directories being an app startup time
optimisation.

> Perhaps most important: are there any people willing and able to do the
> implementation for Python 3?  ;-)

I have plenty on my plate for 3.3 already, but I'll definitely help
out with reviewing submitted patches.

Cheers,
Nick.