[Import-SIG] PEP 382 sprint

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jun 22 18:39:08 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

Yesterday, 6 Washington DC area Pythonistas met to work on PEP 382.  I wrote
up a summary based on my notes and blogged about it here:

http://www.wefearchange.org/2011/06/pep-382-sprint-summary.html

Hopefully, the other participants will correct my mistakes and fill in the
holes.   A few other things to mention:

 * I resurrected the import-sig in order to shepherd PEP 382 to landing in
   Python 3.3.  If you're at all interested in helping out, please join the
   mailing list:

   http://mail.python.org/mailman/admin/import-sig

* We created a wiki page to track our results, questions, and plan of action:

  http://wiki.python.org/moin/Pep382Sprint

I want to thank my fellow sprint participants for coming out and really doing
a great job working on this.  And I especially want to thank the PSF for
sponsoring our sprint.  What a great way to encourage Python developers to
meet and work on improving Python!

Cheers,
-Barry