[Import-SIG] Replacement PEP for namespace packages

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Thu Apr 12 14:04:53 CEST 2012

On 04/09/2012 07:22 PM, Yury Selivanov wrote:

> How is it going with the PEP?

I'm reviewing the email threads from the last round of discussions,
making sure I have everything covered. I hope to have a draft early next
week.

> (The reason I'm asking is because we want to backport the accepted
> approach to 3.2 and start using it...)

Our plan is to wait until Brett merges importlib as the default import
mechanism, so that we can work entirely (or at least mostly) in Python.
Any port to 3.2 is going to be an entirely separate effort, all in C.
But I support it!

Eric.