[Import-SIG] Where to discuss PEP 382 vs. PEP 402 (namespace packages)?

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Mon Mar 12 00:05:48 CET 2012

I think restarting the discussion anew here on distutils-sig is appropriate.

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

Martin has asked me to decide on PEP 382 vs. PEP 402 (namespace
packages) in time for inclusion of the decision in Python 3.3. As
people who attended the language-sig know, I am leaning towards PEP
402 but I admit that at this point I don't have enough information. If
I have questions, should I be asking them on the import-sig or on
python-dev? Is it tolerable if I ask questions even if the answer is
somewhere in the archives? (I spent a lot of time reviewing the
"pitchfork thread",
but that wasn't particularly fruitful, so I'm worried I'd just waste
my time browsing the archives -- if the PEP authors did their jobs
well the PEPs should include summaries of the discussion anyways.)

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)

Import-SIG mailing list
Import-SIG at python.org