[Import-SIG] PEP 420: Implicit Namespace Packages

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri May 4 23:02:16 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> Are there any more open issues?

Maybe not on this particular subproposal, but IIUC, Eric was still looking
at the feasibility of doing auto-updates when parent paths change.

(Unless I'm mistaken, my sketch for PEP 402 should only need a bit of
hacking to allow setting the initial calculated path, so that there's not
an extra scan when a namespace package is initialized, and a change to make
it use find_module() instead of PEP 402's get_subpath().  Well, that, and
renaming "virtual packages" back to "namespace packages" in the error
messages and such.)