[Import-SIG] PEP 420 outstanding issues

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat May 12 02:14:33 CEST 2012

PJE's proposal that self-contained package loaders *also* report their
prospective __path__ entries in the second half of the tuple sounds
reasonable to me. It provides a way to cleanly distinguish all 4
significant cases (standalone module, regular package, package portion, not
found).

The standard import system will treat the first two cases the same way, but
making the distinction official means custom import systems can decide to
do something different.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Sent from my phone, thus the relative brevity :)