[Import-SIG] Rough PEP: A ModuleSpec Type for the Import System

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 20:15:32 CEST 2013

Would it be worth deprecating the current signature and attributes of
FileLoader, NamespaceLoader, etc.  FileLoader.get_filename() uses
self.path, but otherwise the only use for the attributes is already covered
by the info in the spec.

Also, should we have timelines for the deprecations in the PEP.  I'm
inclined to not worry about it, but it *would* be nice to remove at least
some of the backward compatibility hackery that this PEP will introduce.

-eric