[Import-SIG] latest update of PEP 451

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 23:25:39 CEST 2013

FYI, I've updated the PEP and hope to wrap up an initial patch in the
next day or two.  Unless anyone here objects, once I have the patch up
I'm going to post the PEP to python-dev and try to get everything
wrapped up ASAP (3.4-alpha4 is on Oct.20).

If that goes smoothly, does anyone think it will be a bad idea to try
to get the .ref file PEP in for 3.4?  While beta1 is in less than 2
months, the PEP is smaller, less invasive, we'd already hashed out the
details, and ModuleSpec addresses the implementation issue we had.
The only roadblock that I see is my crazy schedule, but given where we
left .ref files, I think it is doable.  With that in mind, once I've
pushed PEP 451 to python-dev I'll probably revisit the .ref PEP, get
it a number, and crank on the implementation.  Thoughts?

-eric

p.s. I've given up on C OrderedDict and friends for 3.4 in favor of
these 2 import PEPS.  They're worth it though.  Thanks for convincing
me to work on them, Nick! :)