[Import-SIG] DeprecationWarning for Python3.6 - Loaders create_module()

Raúl Cumplido raulcumplido at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 05:18:19 EST 2015

Hi all,

I am preparing a talk for PyCon ES (Spanish PyCon) about the import
machinery and I was taking a look on the
importlib/_bootstrap.py#module_from_spec

I see there is a Deprecation warning as on Python3.6 loaders defining exec
module must also define create module, but there is also a comment that
says: "Typically loaders will not implement create_module()"

I see that a little bit contradictory, what are the expected changes for
the new Python3.6 version? Are the existing Loaders going to be changed to
implement create_module?

Sorry if this has been explained before but I cannot find in the archives
the rationale for that.

Kind Regards,
Raul