[Inpycon] Certificate

P.C. Shyamshankar sykora at lucentbeing.com
Wed Aug 12 11:00:52 CEST 2009

> The problem is that you will end up with "students" coming only for
> the certificate, who wouldn't care much for Python, and you will end
> up spending some amount of the money for these certificates.

Agreed.

I (like most students in India) know exactly how the certificate system
works. The majority of students come or register for the certificates,
so that they have something to show at college to account for the two
days they spent (most probably) doing something else.

In my opinion, those who are really interested (which is the target
audience I believe), will come regardless of whether or not certificates
are provided.

I am not opposed to providing certificates for people who contribute
something, like speakers or sprinters or volunteers. I am however
against giving certificates simply for attendance.

-1.