[Inpycon] Certificate

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:34:52 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Ramdas S<ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> But if the budgets permit, I see no problem in actually having some delegate
> certificates issued. However someone attending a conference to get a
> certificate somehow doesn't appeal.
[..]

I generally concur. I have had a visceral dislike for certifications
for a long time now.

I do however see Aneesh's point. There is a difference between the
"tutorial" track (which is an intro to Python) and the other
conference tracks which are more technical. If a student has a
certificate at the end of a tutorial saying that he knows Python, it
*might* help with some employers.

It doesn't however fit into the overall scheme of a hacker conference
though (which is how I personally view this event).

--
~noufal