[Inpycon] Fat pipe

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:56:44 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Vivek Khurana<hiddenharmony at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Noufal Ibrahim<noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yup here are my suggestions http://vivekkhurana.net//python_talks_suggestion.txt
>>
>> At the first look, the list looks fine. I would personally like to see
>> Alex Martellis talk on leaky abstractions in there as well and am not
>> too keen on HowIDistributePythonApplicationsOnWindowsPy2exeInnoSet226
>> since it's a little too specific.
>
>  The reason I dropped the leaky abstraction because it is bit too much
> for a noobies. I have selected the list with an inclination towards
> noobies. As for windows talk, I selected it intentionally (Along with
> linux application distribution) to give an idea of cross platform
> behavior of python.

Sounds okay. I asked for the abstraction one because we don't want the
whole thing to be n00b. Besides, Alex is a nice speaker. The rest are
all somewhat basic anyway. As for the cross platform thing, you have a
talk focussing on Excel. I guess that should do.

Anyway, these are my comments, if you or any one else has other ideas,
that's fine too. We'll wait a day and if no one has any, we'll try to
get these downloaded and burnt.

--
~noufal