[Inpycon] Swag and sponsort

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:43:38 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,
    One of things that most conferences have is swag. These usually
take the form of T-shirts.

    I think it would be nice if we could avoid having sponsor names on
the T-shirt. Just the PyCon logo on the chest on the front and perhaps
a quote or two on the back. I don't want any of us wearing the T's to
become walking billboards.

    For the sponsors, we'll give out a 'swag bag' which will contain a
brochure/pamphlet provided by the Sponsor, the T-shirt and perhaps a
little something on Python.

    The main benefits that sponsors get are that their names will be
there wherever we mention the conference (banners, site, publicity)
and the fact that they're going to get to be with a pool of Python
talent.

    Two questions.
       - What does everyone think of this? Is it okay to go to a
sponsor with this kind of pitch?
       - Any suggestions for the T-shirt design?

Thanks

--
~noufal