[Inpycon] talk submission process

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sat Jul 4 02:34:57 CEST 2009

hi,

when discussing and testing the conference software, the workflow was:

1. delegate submits one or more talks
2. he also gets to edit his talks
3. he may add co-authors
4. The proposed talks are displayed for rating and comments by registered
delegates
5. based on the feed back, the author would modify his proposal
6. the author can also upload/change his presentation materials at any time
7. Taking into account the ratings and comments the admins will then accept
talks.
8. Accepted talks will be shown as accepted

the idea is that there is peer review. And more important, everyone knows what
talks have been proposed, so there will not be duplication. Delegates will be
able to express their views and help shape the conference.

At present two talks have been submitted, and both look exciting to me - I am
sure that the delegates will be inspired by looking at them.

The software to do this is tested and ready. I suggest we use it.

Similarly there is a statistics page will all sorts of interested information.
For example, we have about 70% of the registered delegates are developers.
This information again helps the proposed speakers to choose their topic and
level of the talk. Please enable this feature also.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves