[Inpycon] talk submission process

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 06:57:24 CEST 2009

Anand Chitipothu wrote:
>> 4. The proposed talks are displayed for rating and comments by registered
>> delegates
>>

> I'm not sure if we want everybody to rate the proposals.

+1, Even if we allow general voting by all delegates, the rating or
final voting of talk should be done by a selected group of delegates,
may be like active members from all PUGs.

>> 6. the author can also upload/change his presentation materials at any time
>>

> Deadline for submitting the actual presentations is Sept 10. I don't
> think we should allow the authors to modify it after the deadline.

I think we should follow what most conferences follow. After the
deadline the author can not modify the talk as in the topics he is going
to speak about. But till another deadline, may be a couple of weeks
before the conference, he can upload and update his presentation and
other support materials. This offers him flexibility to improve his talk
content, still keeping the focus of the talk intact.

>> At present two talks have been submitted, and both look exciting to me - I am
>> sure that the delegates will be inspired by looking at them.
>>

> How do I see them?

+1

--
With Regards,
Parthan SR "technofreak"

GPG Key     2FF01026
Fingerprint 5707 ECBD 8D8D 8E6E 28F8  DFA5 938B D861 2FF0 1026
Weblog      http://blog.technofreak.in