[Inpycon] fossconf-devel - reporting bugs

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Jun 1 09:54:08 CEST 2009

On Sunday 31 May 2009 12:38:36 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com>
> wrote: [..]
>
> > My opinion is, fossconf is stable enough.. Just go ahead, test it,
> > raise and fix bugs ( which would be done quickly) and lets use it.
> > I dont see any reason why it should not be up for our use by June 7th.
>
> Neither do I. PyCon India is (atleast as of now) a smaller event than
> FOSSConf so it should be fine. However, I'd feel safer with a backup
> plan and would like to stick to a deadline. Otherwise, we'd keep fine
> tuning and fixing the last 5% of the site for a prohibitively long
> time.
>
> Kenneth,
>    Are you fine with this? Your estimates will be more accurate than
> my off the cuff date.

as of now the site is useable as soon as Sree comes up with the CSS. There
will be bugs, now and for the next 20 years too. But errors will be gracefully
handled. But the site will not go live until the call for participation, call
for sponsors and call for papers is finalised. So I suggest that you leave the
site to us (we will not let you down) and finalise these three things. When
that is done the site can go live. btw, I will be in a rural location for a
few days, so my replies may be erratic, but rest assured that the site will be
developed. I am also setting up something on google code for bug tracking.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves