[Inpycon] call for participation and call for papers

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 22:21:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Trilok Khairnar <trilokgk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I joined the mailing list just yesterday and need more info to complete the
> page.
> Suggestions are needed if it's not all decided.
>
> Some questions:
> * How to submit? : Are we going to have a submission form (if yes, where
> will it be hosted?) or just an email address to send the talks to?

Kenneth should be able to give you this.

> * Conference Dates: ? from dd/mmm/2009 to dd/mmm/2009
> I think it's in September. Suggest tentative dates.

This http://wiki.python.org/moin/BangPypers/Meeting17May2009 has the
details you desire.

> * Talk format:
> * Types of talks (lightning, regular, tutorial, sprint etc.):

Also there (and on the previous minutes) - link on the BangPypers page.

>  Are we indeed going to have all these types of talks? will the length of
> these be same as Pycon US?

You can assume so for now. I think 40 or so minutes for the regular
and tutorial. Lightning would be around 15 I think. Sprints are longer
and mor einteractive.

> * What is the deadline for submission? Say a month before the conference
> date?

We need to fix that so you can leave it for now.

Basically, the overall content should be ready and proofread. We can
fill in details like dates as we finalise them.

thanks

--
~noufal