[Inpycon] Call for volunteers! Promotional literature

punchagan punchagan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:28:28 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:23 AM, punchagan<punchagan at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> Noufal, I think I can take this up. I can co-ordinate with whoever
> volunteers for the sponsorship brochure.

Here is a draft of the invitation to be sent to colleges. Please comment on it.

--punchagan

Invitation - PyCon India 2009

What is PyCon India 2009?
-------------------------
Pycon India 2009 is a community conference by the Indian Python user
and developer community. It is aimed at pythonistas of all shapes and
sizes. The conference is expected to be a mix of Tutorials, General
Talks, Lightning Talks, Workshops and Programming Sprints.

Who's organizing?
-----------------
The conference is being run by the PyCon India Society, which has been
set up specially for this and future conferences.[Is this being done?]
The Conference and Society have been initiated by BangPypers - the
Bangalore Python User Group

Why?
----
The idea is to provide a platform for Pythonistas from around the
country to come together and have a fun Pythonic time. The conference
also aims to serve as a rallying point for the python user groups
across India to come together and work on something larger than the
sum of the parts. The event aims to be a local event of a global
scale, giving Indian programmers exposure to world class programmers
and personalities. We also hope to encourage college students to use
python in their work.

When?
-----
26th and 27th September, 2009

Where?
------
CSA Lecture Halls, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
http://in.pycon.org on the web.

How to Register?