[Inpycon] Site is ready. Next steps

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:06:08 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,
   The site is pretty much done. The people I talked to about it gave
me some feedback which I'm putting here. They align with my own
opinions. The site is mostly done. I think Kenneth should be able to
finish these off quickly. In any case, they're not gating.
   As for the stylistic issues, Sree is patching things tonight. The
H1 size needs to be reduced. It's too big.

   Here is how I think the menus should be organised. Please offer suggestions.

** On the left.
About:
  - About PyCon (time/place etc.)
  - Blog/Event postings (RSS icon)

Participate
  - Call for proposals
  - Propose talk
  - Update/Manage talk
  - List of speakers and talks (RSS icon)

Help:
  - Site FAQ
  - Contact

Sponsors
  - Sponsorship brochure

Invitations
  - Invitation to colleges.

** On the right
 - Sponsors
   - Gold
   - Silver
   - Bronze

 - Links
   - BangPypers
   - inpycon list

I think we can drop the statistics/volunteers etc. links. They simply
clutter things. We have the list and people can mail in here to
volunteer. The statistics and other things are nice for Admins but not
for the general public.

If you have any objections, please mail back. If not, can you
reorganise the menus like this Kenneth?

We need an F2F to move ahead. It's short notice but are any people
free on this Sunday afternoon for a meeting?

Thanks.

--
~noufal