[Inpycon] Publicity for the event

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Jun 30 04:43:52 CEST 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 14:51:29 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Ranganath is putting some more pages on the site. It should be done by
> the end of today. I'll send a mail out once this is done. After that,
> we need everyone's help to publicise the event so that we get enough
> participants.
>
> We're hoping to draw in 150-200 people and this won't happen if we
> don't advertise the event sufficiently.

I have mailed the Linux Users Groups of Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mysore and
Hyderabad. Also the Chennai Python Users Group and a few NRC-FOSS specific
lists and Django users and developers.. If not already done someone needs to
contact the LUGs in Delhi and Kolkata (make sure all three Kolkata LUGs are
mailed).

Normally when registration is free, the percentage of attendees is around
40-50, But looking at the response so far I feel that 90% of them will attend.
Also it looks like more publicity is needed in colleges. Can we have the
'Statistics' page turned on so that we can track what is happening and plan
accordingly?

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves