[Inpycon] Intro Thread

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon May 25 20:54:39 CEST 2009

Nice thread

1) What is my name?
Noufal Ibrahim (I have an alter ego - Foulan Mihrabi but he's not on
the net too much)

2) Where am I located?
Bangalore, India (Khmar on freenode on #emacs, #python)

3) Would I be there at PyCon India 2009?
Hell yeah!

4) Which areas in Python interests you.
0. Web applications/frameworks
1. PyGame
2. Mathematical stuff

5) Work and Projects
 - I work full time for the EDA firm Synopsys. My work is a mix of
perl and python (and php and shell but less than the other two).
 - I have a few projects which I don't *actively* work on these days
(http://nibrahim.net.in/software)
 - I'm spending my dwindling free hours on a retro game which I hope
to release sometime this year (watch this space!)
 - I'm an avid Emacs user and spend a lot of time customising my
setup. I have a small major mode I used at my previous workplace
listed on my software page.
 - I am an amateur website designer and have professionally developed
a few websites for commercial clients.

6) How I can help with PyCon 2009?
 - I'm sort of leading the organisation of the event.
 - I'm in Bangalore and since the event is going to be here, I'm
interested in leading all aspects of it and pitching in with field
work when necessary.

--
~noufal