[Inpycon] Website evaluation

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:58:30 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think then that all the points which I've mentioned are covered by
> the site. If there are any more than people can think of, please
> holler!
>
> I think then we can have greenchilly.in as our primary website. The
> open items as far as I can tell are
>
> 0. A CSS/design volunteer to help Kenneth with souping up the site.
> Vivek mentioned that he had a designer. Can he help out with this?
>
> 1. A domain redirection which is trivial. Anand. Can you do this so
> that in.pycon.org points to greenchilly.in?
>
> I have a mild concern about any future fixes/enhancements we might
> have to make on the site. Can you own up the site thing completely
> Kenneth? Including getting fixes in place and making sure that it runs
> fine? If the app is opensource and is hosted on github or something,
> we might be able to pitch in as well (if you need it).
>
> Kenneth,
>  If you can coordinate with the volunteers and get the site
> (including the look/feel) up by Monday, it would be excellent.

A big vote of thanks to Kenneth for getting it so far...
Excellent work.

Btw, I am not going to get pushed for another
redirection request unless the site has some logos and
looks more presentable. Right now I see only placeholders
for the logo etc.

Let us wait for Kenneth to get the look/feel correct and then
do the final redirection and advertise it to the world through
the blogs and mailing lists.

Btw, I did not get a chance to test the site so far. Can someone
send a username/passwd to my email address to login ?

> Thanks.
>
> --
> ~noufal

-Anand