[Inpycon] website features

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Fri May 29 20:15:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 08:49:08PM +0530, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

> What is the hurry to go "live" with an effort which clearly
> has some way to go forward ?
>
> Isn't it better to make the work at least 90% done and then
> go live ?

Even I fail to understand this. :(
Why are we in such a hurry for this one?

The work on site is still going on and lot of things need to be ironed
out before we make it under in.pycon.org

1) Let us test the site as Kenneth has requested us to do.
2) Anand Pillai had taken the task of informing David Goodger on
changing the CNAME earlier and expressed a valid concern that we need
to have something up before we make the change again.

3) I am still trying out the greenchilly.in site and I have couple of
points to discuss.
   a) It seems slow from my home and I am seriously worried about
that.
   b) It is not yet complete.. We will have to give a lot of test run
on registration as  user, delegate, admin and see that things are
working.
   c) CSS stuffs. Giving them enough time to think and work out.

This is a not a time to hurry with the website.

My suggestion is:

1) Give a test for week.
2) Let us do another face-to-face meeting for discussing the format
and list of things which Kenneth had listed in his email on things
TODO.
3) After face to face meeting next week, we can certainly certain good
ideas and we can make the site up LIVE!  ( I dont expect even that to
be a 100% complete one; but a 70-80% complete site would also be a good
one to start with).

--
Senthil