[Inpycon] Error while logging out admin

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Sun May 31 08:50:39 CEST 2009

Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

> Kenneth, something needs to be done to take care of errors
> gracefully without the default action of the Python traceback
> being printed. How does typical Django sites take care of this?
> I would think that they would have specific error templates
> for handing most web page errors.
>
> There is one more error when I try to log out from
> http://greenchilly.in/admin/sites/site/admin/logout/ .

I too have been facing this error. I think the Debug mode has been set
to True so that bugs product Tracebacks, like the one you we see when
logging out. This might be because it is in development mode currently
for people to test and report bugs, and hopefully will be turned off
when going live.

And yes, Django allows you to have custom error templates so that you
can handle errors more gracefully. This is done by having a custom
template dir and overriding default error templates using the custom
templates placed in this. Am sure Kenneth knows about it, may be someone
can volunteer and write some custom error templates with InPyCon logo
and some nice error message ;)

--
With Regards,
Parthan SR "technofreak"

GPG Key     2FF01026
Fingerprint 5707 ECBD 8D8D 8E6E 28F8  DFA5 938B D861 2FF0 1026
Weblog      http://blog.technofreak.in