[Inpycon] MOA ready for discussion [was] Mailing the address proof to Kenneth

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 15:18:41 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "The Name of the society shall be The Indian Society for Promotion and
>> Development of Python Software".
>>
>> Why do we need such a long name? Why not just "Python India Society"
>> or "Python India Foundation"?
>>
> Which do you prefer, "Anand Chitipothu, representing TISPDoPS", or
> "Anand Chitipothu, of PIS"?

 Based on my experience you should have the word 'software' in the
society name. Else it can lead to confusion with babus at a later
stage. Also, if possible try avoiding a name starting with Python as
it is a wildlife creature and some stupid babu can raise an exception
which will be difficult to catch, leading to a segfault :)

 Rest as Kenneth has pointed, having India or Indian is required to
have an India wide society.

regards
Vivek