[Inpycon] Post Conference analysis about the performance and future plan

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Tue Oct 13 20:40:58 CEST 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:24:15 +0530
Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
> <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:04 PM, abstract things
> > <abstractthings at gmail.com> wrote:
> [..]
> >> I believe that keeping things in public eye, Python lovers or
> >> attendees at least, as we open source lovers for Open source
> >> software will be a good practice to organize future PyCon in
> >> India.
> >
> >  One of the main decisions in last review meeting was to
> > continue to hold PyCon India in India.
[...]

While entirely an onlooker at this event (one who could not even
make it to the event), I would like to make a case for a FOSS Pycon
India. This is probably going to lead to an endless argument, and
I am not particularly interested in a discussion that simply
rehashes everyone's entrenched positions (including my own, of
course).

My bottom line is based around two points: (a) My commitment, and
of people that I know, is based around volunteering for a FOSS
conference. I very seriously believe in *not* volunteering my
time for a non-FOSS event, for reasons I am not immediately
discussing. (b) If (a) is acceptable, we can provide a home for
a FOSS Pycon event in Delhi/NCR, with help in local organisation.
My hope would be to merge it with Freed.in (http://freed.in) this
coming Feb., but that is open to discussion.

Please do let me know if this sounds workable, and let us discuss
how people could be involved. Please also understand that I will
also need a confirmation from local organisers. At this point, we
are just kicking the idea around.

Regards,
Gora