[Inpycon] FOSS PyCon (was Re: Post Conference analysis about the performance and future plan)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 07:34:19 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
[..]
> and anyway I do not think Pycon people will agree to either ban non-foss or
> mix this conference with others.

I certainly wouldn't but I can see where the OP is coming from. The
intersection of Python and FOSS while big is probably not enough for
an entire conference. A track at something else might be a better
idea.

> Since we are now an established brand name, a
> lot of people (who otherwise would not dream of volunteering to work for the
> conference) will want to cash in on it.

Oh come on. We're not *that* established yet and I welcome help and
suggestions from everyone. I wouldn't write off a different opinion as
an attempt to ride the wave and cash in on the conf.

[..]

--
~noufal