[Inpycon] FOSS PyCon (was Re: Post Conference analysis about the performance and future plan)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:23:28 CEST 2009

Apropos the society.

We (atleast I) don't have much knowledge on the differences between a
society/trust and while questions abound, I don't know of any place to
seek answers.

Kunal and I are meeting up with a lawyer this Friday to actually
discuss a boilerplate agreement and details of the society.

If there are any points that need to be brought up, please pipe up
right now. As of now, the questions are
0. Is it a Trust, Society/Association or a Sec25 company?
1. All India or Karnataka?

My aim in getting this done is *just* to be a legal face for our
efforts with future events (primarily bank accounts). I'm not
interested in running around with a badge that identifies me as a
member of the Python India society.

I'll keep the group posted with developments and will seek consensus
for large decisions which have relevance.

Thanks.

--
~noufal