[Inpycon] FOSS PyCon (was Re: Post Conference analysis about the performance and future plan)

vid vid at svaksha.com
Wed Oct 14 08:36:02 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:08, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apropos the society.
>
> We (atleast I) don't have much knowledge on the differences between a
> society/trust and while questions abound, I don't know of any place to
> seek answers.

Some very basic info :
http://vid.svaksha.com/post/2008/registering-a-non-profit-in-india
[/shameless plug]

> If there are any points that need to be brought up, please pipe up
> right now. As of now, the questions are
> 0. Is it a Trust, Society/Association or a Sec25 company?
> 1. All India or Karnataka?

Actually, #1 is covered by #0.

Irrespective of the kind of registration, from a volunteer
perspective, it would be better to discuss some matters upfront :
2. Board of management for the Reg.Soc/Body and mode of succession on
board of management (Is the members election going to be public or
private)

> My aim in getting this done is *just* to be a legal face for our
> efforts with future events (primarily bank accounts). I'm not
> interested in running around with a badge that identifies me as a
> member of the Python India society.

ditto.

--
|| vid | http://vid.svaksha.com ||