[Inpycon] Registering society (Was: Re: FOSS PyCon)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:46:08 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah
<sree at mahiti.org> wrote:
[..]
> I have the soft copy of the Trust-Deed that we used to register
> BangaloreCares trust. It was prepared by a well known law firm. Will be hapy
> to mail it to Noufal or anyone else as required.
> We choose trust over society as the legal requirements for society are
> bigger overhead over trust.
[..]

Can you send it to me Srikanth?

One of things that occurs to me is the area of tax exemption. If we
have a society/trust, I'd prefer it to be tax exempt throughout the
country (since for future conferences we'd be looking for sponsors and
stuff outside Karnataka).

--
~noufal