[Inpycon] [PSF-Members] [x-post] Register 'Pycon-India' or 'Python-India'?

vid vid at svaksha.com
Wed Oct 14 16:28:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 19:47, Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net> wrote:
> What negative consequences are you concerned about, in the case where you
> take on the broader mandate?

As yet, we have not discussed the negative consequences in detail,
rather a thought that we need the PSF's blessings[0] as its the parent
legal entity.

[0] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2009-October/001242.html

In my limited knowledge, registering it as Python-India would allow
the NPO to undertake more Pythonic activities (the exact nature of
activities needs to be discussed) listed in the MoA. OTOH, registering
it as Pycon-India will restrict the organisation to events/conferences
only.  This is a very simplistic outline as there may be other
legalese nuances which we will know after Kunal and Noufal meet up
with the lawyer on Friday.  We hope to get more details over the
weekend.

On those lines, it would be nice to know how the PSF views local
chapters, rules (if any), etc...  Any other advice/comments !

--
|| vid | http://vid.svaksha.com ||