[Inpycon] Registering society (Was: Re: FOSS PyCon)

vid vid at svaksha.com
Thu Oct 15 05:33:23 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 23:51, kausikram krishnasayee
<kausikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> The proposed society should be inclusive and have diverse representation.
> Office beareres shall be elected into place and shall hold on to a post for
> a term of two years.
> Office bearers shall not be allowed to contest for consecutive terms.
> the society shall have the power to float semi autonomous teams that will be
> responsible for pycon india and any other initiatives that shall be
> undertaken.
> Finances for all initiatives shall be handled centrally and shall be
> revealed to the core team (board members) atleast once a month and to the
> members annually.

More suggestions :
0. Can the MOA /bylaws for the org include a clause that all office
bearers use the mailing list for official discussions. The PSF does
it. Its a invite only list with private archives.
1. Discussions should be floated on the mailing list and opinions from
members taken before the board takes a decision.
2. Elections should be public. <---discussion needed.  Debian, Gnome
and Ubuntu conduct them in a public way. Maybe we can work this out in
a way that everyone gets an opportunity to contribute and no
individual or those representing an organisation can have a vested
interest. Ex. Gnome foundation members are supposed to openly state
their affiliations and the discussions take place on their foundation
list.

comments?
--
|| vid | http://vid.svaksha.com ||