[Inpycon] [PSF-Members] [x-post] Register 'Pycon-India' or 'Python-India'?

vid vid at svaksha.com
Fri Oct 16 06:12:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:13, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

>> [0] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2009-October/001242.html
>
>  It is important not to get euphoric and loose focus here. You have had a
[........]

To clarify, I was just trying to help when I saw enough interest.
Period. The name suggestion(s), mandate and even the registration of
an Indian pycon (or something else) organisation were not mine--only
the OP's can clarify their ideas. Folks (including me) opined and as
evident in the earlier thread it was suggested the PSF's opinion on
this be sought.

>  without any facade of a formal society. The idea took shape and became
>  concrete due to the efforts of a few key people, but it is important not
>  to forget where it started.

Exactly, so despite you nominating me earlier, I intended to withdraw
my name as there are others who IMPO are better suited on the board.
Also, I prefer the current model of ad-hoc organisations (with all its
inherent difficulties), provided Janastu (or any other org) is willing
to help. However, if the group intends to focus on a larger mandate
(read, beyond conferences) I can only share/opine bits to the extent
known.

--
|| vid | http://vid.svaksha.com ||