[Inpycon] Early bird registration

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Sep 4 11:01:09 CEST 2009

On Friday 04 Sep 2009 2:21:36 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > I don't understand why you guys are behind the photo thing. It is not
> > going to work. Do you really expect people to take printout on regular
> > A4 paper, cut that stuff and stick it on their pockets?
>
> [..]
>
> The more I think about it, the more sense I see in your argument.
> I wouldn't personally take a printout myself.

I remember linux-bangalore 2001, where I was the only one who arrived without
a printout (because I have never had a printer attached to my machine) and the
database was down!

> Perhaps it does make more sense to have a stack of empty cards and
> we give one along with the swag kit to everyone who comes to the
> place.

as discussed earlier, we can print out all the cards ourselves as long as some
one writes the script to do so - the cards have date of registration on them
so we can tell at a glance.

> the only extra thing we'll need is a list of people and when they've
> registered so that we can differentiate between early bird and others.

that can be added to the csv generation software in a jiffy. But we can also
give them the option to print their own - you will be surprised how many will
do it.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves