[Inpycon] Unable to attend

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:40:24 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I won't be able to attend the conference due to time constraints.
> > If someone else wishes to take the tutorial on functional
> > programming, then they are welcome. I've uploaded the slides
> > for anyone who wishes to see it. The 'Further Information' section
> > in the slides contains links to websites which have detailed
> > information.
> >
> > Hopefully next time the conference will be at a more convenient
> > time, like in December. Looking forward to next years' Pycon!
>
> There was lot of confusion about your talk. You have marked it as
> lightening talk. Initially we thought that  it is a regular talk and
> allocated one hour  slot for it. After realizing that it is a
> lightening talk, we have moved it to Lightening Talks session.
>
> I would to take a session on functional programming, but it is too
> late to change the schedule now.

 I was thinking of a lightning talk on something I have been playing with
recently,
 namely "Python and the Semantic Web"  focussing on linked data.  The talk
 will focus on the "OpenCalais" web service by Thomson Reuters which allows
 once to automatically extract semantic meaning from web-pages and the
 Python API for it, namely "python-calais".

 If it is fine, I would be glad to schedule my talk for this time-slot.

> Anand

--Anand