[Inpycon] [BangPypers] Python at Schools

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 08:04:15 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Abhishek Mishra <ideamonk at gmail.com> wrote:
> It happens that at ICSE schools java/c++ is offered for almost last 4
> years of schooling, while my CBSE experience was horrible, with no
> programming in syllabus till class 11th. While way back in an ICSE
> school, programming started at class 6 with GW-BASIC and that language
> was fun.

At Bharatiya Vidya Mandir school at Kochi, we started on BASIC in the
5th std. It was CBSE.

Engineering First+Second Sem at CUSAT, it same thing BASIC .. after
two years of C++ at school.

Makes you wonder who the hell makes these things. So my opinion is,
schools can and do change depending on how good the teachers/principal
are. But whats really bad are the universities, where its not so easy.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian